Maschine and Live go together so well, it’s almost like they were made for each other. Here’s how to get your nasty beats out of Maschine 2, and into Live clips for production magic.
1. Make a beat in the Maschine 2 software (you can do this in Standalone mode, or as a plugin).
2. In the Maschine plugin, click and hold on the Export Audio button in the upper right corner of the sequencer window. You’ll see a brief diaglog appear: “Exporting Audio – Please keep mouse button pressed”.
3. While keeping the mouse button held down, drag the clip that appears into your Live set, onto an empty clip slot in the Session View, or onto a blank track in the Arrangement View.
4. Mute the Maschine track, so that you don’t hear the loop doubled up.
This is all well and good, but what if you want to export each instrument of the loop individuallly? The process is almost identical to the above steps, with the added addition of clicking on the keyboard for each drum sound in Maschine’s sequencer window.
1. Make a beat in the Maschine 2.
2. Click on the keyboard button for the tracks.
3. Select a track, then click and drag the export loop button (see steps 2 and 3 above) onto an empty space in Live’s Session View or Arrangement View.
4. Repeat step 3 for every drum sound you want to export, dragging each clip onto it’s own separate track in Live.
5. You may have to adjust the loops in the Live clips because sometimes Maschine exports the loops with an extra bar on the end (to account for audio hold over).
Before step 2, I always go through and mute any tracks that have no sequencing data on them so I don’t accidentally export an empty clip.